Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Skipping Steps, Red Potatoes..... and I may use the word condom..

Where heaving a brand new microwave up my front steps I hate them.
But when it is sunny, warm and bright outside, they are the perfect steps to go skipping down.
In my little dress and leggings I wore to pre-school ( to teach!) I am sure I looked like a grade schooler, but skip away I did. I was on the way to my little corner market where they sell red potatoes for 45 cents a pound. Roasted Red potatoes are a personal favorite of mine so this price is extra amazing to me. I also enjoy the little old ladies who run the shop. They are the type of ladies who look all sweet, but keep condoms behind the counter so that "young men" have to ask for them. It gives them quite a laugh. I was...uh  "privileged" to witness this little exchange in the market today. I however got more pleasure out of my 2 lbs of red potatoes and a lemon for $1.15, then I did from the condom buying show. Right now I'm sure my mother is torn between laughing and being shocked that I'm taking about Condom buying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment