Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day.

I have an AMAZING mom :)
One of the biggest things I have come to be so thankful and appreciative for is how much she sacrifices for me. It is pretty normal for parents to help out their children financially when they are getting started in the real world. Not that they pay for everything, but that they help you out in a tight pinch. Like your car breaking down, needing a new Microwave or even letting you "steal" toilet paper for your apartment :) I love that my mom is so kind to do this for me, especially since she works two jobs. She sacrifices so much so that she can help me out when I need her.
Now that I live on my own and have to pay multiple bills, I realize how big a sacrificee this is. Bills have to be paid and a lot of times there is not much left over. I get excited now when I have a few extra bucks to go out to dinner or to a show. I can only imagine how much love and sacrifice it takes to put those few extra "fun" bucks away for your children, instead of yourself. It's a hard sacrifice fueled by love that I never completely understood until now. I hope when I am a mom, I can be just as loving and hard working as my mom :)

I came back to Orem this weekend for Mother's Day. I came down Friday instead of Saturday so that I had an extra day to see some friends. As much as I loved hanging out with my friends...... I am sitting here thinking about my mom and wishing I had spent the night at home. It's 4 AM and I am now waiting for my Dad to go to work at 6 so that I can go crawl into bed with my Mom. No matter what anyone says, you are never to old to crawl into bed with your mom. 

I Love You Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment