Sunday, May 27, 2012

Left Handed Cooking Questions


I have called my parents at least five times (if not more) in the last hour......
I am attempting to make meatloaf for Sunday dinner.
Call #1: I needed to get the meat loaf recipe. I had about only a 1/3 of the ingredients I would need......
Call #2 : I needed advice/opinions on my idea for "Poor Kayla" meatloaf.
Call #3: I needed to get the sauce recipe AGAIN!
Call #4: I needed to know how long to cook it.
Call #5: I forgot the oven temp....

In-between these calls I believe there may have been another 3 or 4 calls to discuss my cracked tooth, how NOT to cook corn on the cob, how church went ( sorry mom no cute boys talked to me!), and plans for Tracy Aviary tomorrow.
Thank goodness for parents and free minutes on Verizon :)

In case you are wondering.....

HOW TO COOK CORN ON THE COB (The right way!)
* shuck/husk/peel corn and rinse dirt off corn
* Boil water.
* DO NOT put corn in water until it is boiling!
* Once water is boiling place corn in.
* boil for 3 minutes EXCATLY!
Yummy corn :)

Poor Kayla Meatloaf.
* 1 lb. ground beef
* 1/2 C Ketchup
* 4 T. Honey Mustard ( regular Mustard is fine too! I only had honey mustard.....)
* 6 T. Brown Sugar
* Salt/Pepper
* Italian Seasoning
- Mix ground beef with 1/4 c. ketchup, 2T. Honey Mustard,3 T. Brown Sugar , salt, pepper and spices.
**** If you do not have Italian seasoning you can put in some sage or thyme or oregano or any spices that look good :)

- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
-Fill muffin tin with meatloaf mix.
- Mix 1/4 c. Ketchup, 2T honey mustard and 3T brown sugar in small bowl.
-Drizzle sauce over the top of meat loafs.
- You will have sauce left over.
- Bake meat loafs at 350 degrees for ...... 30h minutes?
***** If you have a bread tin (un like me.....) the perfect way to cook this is at 350 for an hour.

Timer just DINGED! Lots of grease cooked out..... taste it..... WOW! YUMMY!
So yes,30 minutes is the perfect time.
I may just call one more time to let them know of my success ;)

I am now going to watch a special episode of friends ( The One with Chandler in a Box) and eat my meatloaf. Know why I'm watching that episode?

2 comments:

  1. Is that the episode with left handed cooking questions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think meat loaves in muffin tins sound much cooler than a meat loaf in a bread pan. Just sayin'.
    And this post made me laugh because that has totally happened to me before--I had to call home to my mom several times when I was trying to make...I can't really remember right now. But yeah. You speak truth!
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete