Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Nanny Kayla

Tonight I miss being a Nanny.
I miss watching YoGabbaGabba with Zoey.
I miss making murals with Penny and her love of my "rainbow" shirt.
I miss rocking Ben to sleep.
I miss Remi and Evie doing my hair.

I am ever so grateful for the job I have... but some days I miss being a Nanny.
I miss...
 The snuggles and stories.
Making chicken nuggets and baby cereal
Coloring and creating
hugs and kisses
nap time and play time.
I miss having car seats in my car and a diaper bag next to me on the front seat.
I miss singing Disney songs and playing beauty parlor.
Life is never better when you get to spend it with children.
On nights like this a do Facebook stalk and I look at how much each of those special children have grown.
One of the hardest parts about being a Nanny is not the hours, tantrums or pay.
It's the letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment